Open Access Journals Policy
Reimbursement Policy of Article Processing Charge (APC) In Open Access Journals.
Readers and authors benefit from open access journals, as they promote accessibility, thus, serving the best interests of the professional and scientific community as well as the public at large. GUST will reimburse its faculty the Article Processing Charge (APC) for publications in first quartile (Q1) journals as per Scopus ranking for up to One Thousand Kuwaiti Dinars (1,000 KD).
Authors may apply to GUST for waiving the APC fees, which may be granted at the sole discretion of GUST and under exceptional circumstances.
To consider your reimbursement request the following documents must be submitted:
- A duly signed letter by the first author, declaring that no alternative reimbursement requests have been submitted to other funding bodies.
- A letter of support from the HOD confirming that the author has published his work in a journal that is ranked first quartile (Q1) in the article research field, at the time of acceptance.
Criteria for Reimbursement:
To apply for an APC waiver at GUST, the work should generally meet the following criteria:
- Must be published in a first quartile (Q1) journal in the specific article’s research field.
- Must not have received a conference from GUST during that same year.
- Refund of APC will be up to 1,000 KD.
In the rare occurrence of an article being retracted after having being reimbursed, the author has to refund the fees to GUST.